Saturday 1 February 2014

Former Hindu Nepali brother reverts to Islam

In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful!
May peace, mercy and blessings of Almighty God be upon all of you.

Dear Brothers and Sisters ,

For the first and foremost, my search began in 2005, thank God, He guided me to Islam in 2009. I was born and raised in a Hindu family. My Mom and i used to go to temple when i was young. My mom said when i was ready to walk. I was not able to walk properly but later everything went well by the blessings of God. Since i heard that from her, i always believed in God and His miracles. I was true believer in God but was not a seeker. I came to U.S. on 2001 and was just following the faith which i had been following. I saw the ups and downs of life after 911 as an immigrant and as a Eastern-Indian. I made few Muslim friends. But could not learn much Islam from them as they were not practicing either.
I used to worship Sai Baba of Shirdi. On one of his lectures he mentioned: "Allah malik: Sab ka Malik ek Hai" which means "Allah is the Lord: the Lord of everyone is One". After that i read the translations of Al-Qur'an, the Bible, some of the Upanishads , some of the Vedas and the Bhagavad Gita. I found the same message in all the scriptures: "God is One".
While i was reading "The Qur'an", i started to attend friday prayers, go to Church, go to temple. Although i started to read "Al-Qur'an"  in 2005 but i was not doing five time prayers. I used to pray once in a day (most of the time). I moved to Colorado and than to Houston where i was not searching Islam as i should have been but was reading "Al-Qur'an" little by little and was praying only once a day (most of time). For an instance i attended most Jumah prayers but did not make any Muslim friends to talk about faith in Colorado. In Houston (where i lived few months), I made few Muslim friends but was not hanging out with them or reading "Al- Qur'an" much. I moved back to Dallas-Ft. Worth area in May 2008. Since than i started living with my sister, brother in-law and my nephew (s). The real Islam came to me when i fasted in 2008 in Ramadan without even missing a fast and my faith was growing stronger everyday. My parents visted us in 2008 during Dashain (which is a Hindu festival). I refused to put tika (which is considered as a blessing in Hindu faith) and i told them i have been practicing Al-Islam. I even invited them to Islam but they refused. Please pray for my family, would you?

Since 2005 i was sure that this is a true religion. After Ramadan of 2008, i was ready to be a Muslim but i was waiting for a real call. In 2009 is when i embraced Islam.
Thank God who guided me to Al-Islam and this is the biggest blessing i have got in this whole life. All the praises and thanks to God alone.
Last not the least, I am trying to be a loyal slave of God and would like to meet new friends.
Here is my short profile:
Name: Santosh Bhattarai
Sex: Male
Birth Country: Nepal
Current country: Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Previous religion: Hindu
Year converted: 2009
May God guide my mother, my family, my friends, everyone i know and all the children of our father and prophet Adam (a.s.) to Al-Islam!!! May God bless all his prophets (a.s.). May God accept all our good deeds and bless everyone with paradise. Ameen !
Thank you.
Best regards,
Santosh Bhattarai
Email: santoshbhattarai827@gmail.com

Dear friends:

God is One:

Sanskrit: "Ekam evadvitiyam"
English: "He is One only without a second." [Chandogya Upanishad 6:2:1]
"Say He is God, the one and only, the Eternal One upon whom all depend, He did not give birth to anyone, nor was He born from anyone, and there is none comparable to Him." [Al-Qur'an 112:1-4]

"You are the One Creator of all the worlds, and of that which moves and that which does not move, You alone are fit for worship, You are the highest teacher, in all the worlds there is none equal to You." [Bhagavad Gita 11:43]
"God, none has the right to be worshipped but He, the Living, the Everlasting. Slumber seizes Him not, neither sleep; to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth. Who is there that shall intercede with Him save by His leave? He knows what lies before them and what is after them, and they comprehend not anything of His knowledge save such as He wills. His throne comprises the heavens and earth; the preserving of them oppresses Him not; He is the All-High, the All-Glorious." [Al-Qur'an 2:255]
Please ponder on these verses from Al-Qur'an:
"Surely God will not forgive the association of partners (shirk) with Him, but He forgives (sins) less then that to whomever He wishes." [Al-Qur'an 4:48]
"And the Jews say: "The Christians do not follow anything good"  and the Christians say: "The Jews do not follow anything good" while they recite the same book (the Bible). Even thus say those who have no knowledge, like to what they say; so God shall judge between them on the day of resurrection in what they differ." [Al-Qur'an 2:113]

"The similitude of Jesus before God is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was." [Al-Qur'an 3:59]

"O  People  of  the  Scripture (Jews and Christians),  do not exceed the limits in your religion or  say  about God except  the  truth.  The  Messiah,  Jesus,  the  son  of  Mary,  was  but  a  messenger  of God and  His  word  which  He  directed  to  Mary  and  a  soul  (created  at  a  command)  from  Him. So  believe  in God and  His  messengers.  And  do  not  say,  "Trinity";  desist  -  it  is  better  for you.  Indeed, God is  but  one  God.  Exalted  is  He  above  having  a  son.  To  Him  belongs whatever  is  in  the  heavens  and  whatever  is  on  the  earth.  And  sufficient  is God as Disposer  of  affairs." [Al-Qur'an 4:171]

"Today, I have completed your religion, perfected My blessing upon you, and I have decreed Al-Islam (submission) as the religion for you." [Al-Qur'an 5:3]

"And the Jews and the Christians say: We are the sons of God and His beloved ones. Say: Why does He then chastise you for your faults? Nay, you are mortals from among those whom He has created, He forgives whom He pleases and chastises whom He pleases; and God's is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth and what is between them, and to Him is the eventual coming." [Al-Qur'an 5:18]

No comments:

Post a Comment